Sunday, September 19, 2010

A day of exploring

We did some exploring today in Holland.  This morning we took a walk near where we live in the villiage of Plasmolen.  Below is a picture of Leah and I walking in the  Saint Jansberg forest.



Everyone had a good time walking and getting some fresh air.  Below is a picture of a water mill that we saw on our hike.



Is this some kind of crazy Dutch tradition?



No it's just the crazy American kids!


After our hike we went into the big city of Nijmegen to do some exploring.  One of the interesting things in Nijmegen was there were very few shops open because it was Sunday.  Seems like a very good tradition to me.  I did see a Belgian Chocolate shop there but they were closed; I'll have to stop by while I am here and get my Dad some chocolates.


We also saw some old ruins from the Valkhof castle in Nijmegen's city center.  Below is a picture of ruins of the chapel of that castle.  Unfortunately there was not much left of the castle we'll have to find a more intact castle in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment