Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Flying and jet lag

We flew out to Holland on 9/11.  While sitting at the Milwaukee airport they announced a moment of silence to remember and reflect on the events of that day.  We flew from Milwaukee to Newark, NJ; which was Leah, Ethan, and Anna's first flight ever..  None of them turned green or worse but Anna's ears were bothering her.  Here is a picture of the kids on the plane.





I didn't get a picture of myself because I was holding the camera and besides it's just me.  I didn't get a picture of Debbie because she was sitting in the row in front of me and I didn't think you would want to see the back of her head.  Our flight to Newark went very well but we had a very long layover in Newark which we spent eating at Chiles and just looking around.  In the terminal we saw another reminder of 9/11 and that was the New York skyline.


We left our house Saturday morning before 6:00 in the morning (Wisconsin time) to catch our flight in Milwaukee.  We arrived in Düsseldorf, Germany at 6:00 in the morning (German time).  It wasn't 24 hours of travel time but with the time change in all it seem weird.  We got to our hotel for the first night but our room was not ready; so we went for a long drive through some of the surrounding areas.  I saw some windmills but did not get any picture of them because I was driving and everyone else was asleep or wishing they were asleep.  We're now in our bungalow; below is a picture of the front.  Maybe later I'll take some picture of the inside.  It's very similar to a cabin you'd rent up North.





Jet lag has affected myself and Anna the most; we both keep waking up around 4:00 in the morning and can't go back to sleep.  So we've been just hanging out around the table drinking coffee and talking.  They drink a lot of strong coffee here which is something I could get use to.

No comments:

Post a Comment